Few insights from the edx course.
- Shockingly these don’t work that well.
– Highlighting while studying
– Repeated reading non-stop
2. Try these; they do work very good for long term memory retention
– Start early & distribute your study across 2-3 weeks when preparing for an exam
– Close a book & try to recall what you think you understood.
– Link new information with existing one in your brain . Create a web of memory.
– Try to study in small phases instead of a whole in one go
– Listen carefully in the class . Take notes sparingly.
– Group discussions, ask questions
– Test yourself regularly. Simulate examination
– Use flash cards, write down summary