“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”
― Jordan Belfort
Many people won’t believe me here in India as well as our western countries that I completed my engineering (Bachelor Degree) without laptop. Even I don’t. Somehow I won the gold medal from Electronics & Telecommunication department. Without laptop, which is hard to believe because nowadays even kindergarten kids are using it. The reason I had no laptop was our middle class background. I was on education loan. It covered tuition fee & hostel expenses. Laptop was luxury item. Only rich people could afford them. This was in 2006.
No laptop means no internet. If memory serves me right, my only presence on Internet was in the form of Orkut & Gmail. I used to think Facebook was white people thing. I was dead wrong. That means I was unaware of vast knowledge which resides in Internet. I was a fish in fishtank. I was naive young guy who had no idea about capabilities of Internet. However, I don’t myself because that is perk of being born in third world nation. You are always late as compared developed nation.
2010 I completed my graduation. Then after working 2 years in Software Industry, I decided to buy TV before Laptop. Can you believe it ? TV before Laptop ? Why ? I am glad you asked TV price= 8k and Laptop price = 30K . Oh yeah, money is honey. After using it for 1 year, I realised TV is waste of time. I need Laptop, not want but need. So , in 2013 I dared to buy a cheap Laptop & Data Connection. The best investment I ever made or only investment I ever made.
This post is coming to you courtesy the same laptop & same internet connection. They instantly became part of me. I found myself immersed on Internet. Finally the fish had arrived in sea. My internet presence grew exponentially. My mind started expanding. My mind was no longer third world entity , it had transcended into Universal Force. It saw no limit.My body did but it didn’t. It was liberating experience. I soon realised how small I was, how little I knew and how much I can learn.
Fast forward today, I spent more money on Internet than my food , again perks of living in third world nation. Did I tell you how much I love being in this country ?? Did I ? I dare you ask me . Any way , Laptop + Internet are my partners in success story that is being written. Without them I am just a fish ready to die. With them , I am shark inching to rule the world. Eager to leave my long lasting legacy on this planet. With them, life has a meaning. Without them , I am just decaying flesh. I am really grateful to all those people who invented Laptop & Internet. They have no idea what it means to people like me.
Let me just modify Leonardo DiCaprio words. “Let’s not take this moment granted. Let’s not take opportunities for granted. Let’s not take all the privileges like Laptop , Internet etc. for granted. Look around , appreciate what you inherited by just being born in right family at right time. See what you got by default without even asking , without even fighting for it. This applies to me as well. Let’s not take this life granted”
- 200 Secrets of success FREE
- Fabulous: Motivate me
- HeadSpace – Good for mediation
- Positive Thinking
Check out them & do share if you similar apps. Thanks.
This year 2016 is going to be LEGEN ———-wait for it ———– DARY !!!
Scientific results have shown below :
Things that will lead to a divorce:
- Contempt : the feeling that a person or a thing is worthless or beneath consideration. If you feel this way about your partner then it is not a good sign.
- Criticism : Instead of discussing things you don’t like , you prefer to criticize each other.
- Stonewalling: You shut down the conversation like, ” you know what , we are done here. I don’t want to talk about it!”
- Defensiveness: You don’t admit each other mistake instead point out his.
Things can save marriage:
- Humor : Joking around , having fun time, calling funny names etc.
- Gratitude: Appreciate partners effort such as thanking for cooking meal , taking care of kids etc.
- Forgiveness: Humans make mistake. Forgive your partner & giving them chance to improve
- Disclosure : Opening up your emotions with your partner instead suppressing them.
Courtesy : BerkeleyX: GG101x The Science of Happiness
Why You Should Try It
In our day-to-day lives, it’s easy to get caught up in the things that go wrong and feel like we’re living under our own private rain cloud; at the same time, we tend to adapt to the good things and people in our lives, taking them for granted. As a result, we often overlook everyday beauty and goodness–a kind gesture from a stranger, say, or the warmth of our heater on a chilly morning. In the process, we frequently miss opportunities for happiness and connection.
This practice guards against those tendencies. By remembering and listing three positive things that have happened in your day–and considering what caused them–you tune into the sources of goodness in your life. It’s a habit that can change the emotional tone of your life, replacing feelings of disappointment or entitlement with those of gratitude–which may be why this practice is associated with significant increases in happiness.
How To Do It
Each day, write down three things that went well for you that day, and provide an explanation for why they went well. It is important to create a physical record of your items by writing them down; it is not enough simply to do this exercise in your head. The items can be relatively small in importance (e.g., “my co-worker made the coffee today”) or relatively large (e.g., “I earned a big promotion”). To make this exercise part of your daily routine, some find that writing before bed is helpful.
As you write, follow these instructions:
- Give the event a title (e.g., “co-worker complimented my work on a project”)
- Write down exactly what happened in as much detail as possible, including what you did or said and, if others were involved, what they did or said.
- Include how this event made you feel at the time and how this event made you feel later (including now, as you remember it).
- Explain what you think caused this event—why it came to pass.
- Use whatever writing style you please, and do not worry about perfect grammar and spelling. Use as much detail as you’d like.
- If you find yourself focusing on negative feelings, refocus your mind on the good event and the positive feelings that came with it. This can take effort but gets easier with practice and can make a real difference in how you feel.